Turn It Up.

Activities (41) Books (13) College (20) Happenings (80) Life (63) Micropoem (8) Musing (62) Netgames (6) Other Blogs (16) Personal (63) Poems (135) Pujo (7) Random Banter (32) School (28) SPICE club (14) The Famous/Infamous (9) The Statesman Voices (3) This Blog (35) Troubles (49) TV (8) Twitter (2) Vibes (4) Views (36) Wallpapers (36) Webcomics (4)

Saturday, January 15, 2011

KFC in Durgapur

It opened nearing the end of 2010, as a part of the still unopened Durgapur Junction mall at the heart of the bustling City Centre, the most modernized part of the city. It's only yesterday that I found time to visit it. Of course I had been yearning for a visit : a world-famous name had arrived at a stone's throw from my home. I looked around, and I whatever I saw was nothing special for an international brand in a shopping mall. Witty slogans, an LCD screen running ads, snazzy menu displays and employee tees, and a grinning photo under 'Chef of the Day'.
But once I tasted the food, I realized well enough why KFC was the fast food religion of many people. It even managed to convert as staunch a fast food sceptic as my mother. We tasted the new Popcorn Chicken and also some crispy Chicken; we opted for a takeaway and didn't eat until we got home, or else I'd have ordered more. For the next visit I'm planning to buy the juicy traditional recipe and a burger or two. And maybe a few of their desserts. I have no words in praise of KFC's food except:

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and you will be heard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...