Friday, October 7, 2011

Pujo 2011: Preface

Durga Puja is close to every Bengali's heart. This year the main celebrations were from 2nd to 7th October. I was celebrating all these days, so the Pujo special on my blog comes up now. The next few posts will be about my doings during Durga Puja: the pandals, the pujobarshiki (annual Pujo release of magazines: I read the Bengali magazine Anandamela regularly), the pet-pujo (colloquial term, means 'tummy-worship', ie. eating), the poshak(clothes) and paduka (footwear), and all other things Pujo.
I will also write about the post-Pujo Bijoya happenings, which are again an oh-so-Bengali thing: the greetings and mishti -- sweets -- celebtrating the victory of good over evil, touching the feet of elders, blessing the younger, etc. etc. Hope everyone likes the Pujo & Bijoya Special look of my blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and you will be heard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...