Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pujo 2011: Poshak and Paduka

Clothes and shoes. Huh. I'm not much a stickler for the new-outfit tradition, and I have no qualms about wearing something twice within the festival or wearing something that I've just worn before for a few hours. Anyway nowadays most people don't buy new trousers every time, just the tops. So that's what I did. I bought a couple of new tops, wore one which I had worn only one before (last Pujo!) and one which I had worn in the SPICE Club Congress. And no new trousers. Only instead of keeping just one pair active at a time (which I usually do), I had both my pairs of jeans out, along with my two semi-formal pairs. So that makes four pairs. Enough, don't you think?
I usually don't buy new shoes, and this time too I technically didn't. However, for the song costume at the Congress, our school's team wore identical black ballerina shoes. So they were practically unworn. They weren't too ballerina either, if you know what I mean, so they went with almost anything. I wouldn't wear them in the rough and tough of daily life of course, but they were sturdy enough to walk about in. So for the days of Pujo, I wore that pair. Then, back to good old sneakers. :P
This is the end of the Pujo series. I think I'll do a Diwali and Kali Pujo theme starting tomorrow or coming weekend. But no promises.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and you will be heard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...