Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Gratitude 1 : A Teenage Goodbye

The 'Gratitude' series will be a set of posts, primarily modern-style poems that don't follow too many rules. It serves the dual purpose of giving thanks to all the people I don't usually thank, and of forcing me to write more. The first one is based on the theme of unlikely friendships in high school.
=====================================
A Teenage Goodbye

Thank you
For the laughter
For the love
For the support without judgement
And the unflinching loyalty.

Thank you
For hangin' around
Aloof, but observant
Conspicuous in your disinterest
In being seen or heard.

They said
That we didn't gel
That I cramped your style
And you ruined my hard-earned reputation
But we could care less--

And today
At the threshold
Of our new, exciting lives
I am glad I chose to be your friend
And you chose to be mine...

...And we
Chose not to give a s***
To their snooty opinions
And their skewed sense of morality
That cramped our style.
=====================================

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and you will be heard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...