Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Season Two : Gradual

The second poem in that series from last year. This one was written around Sept-Oct 2017.

===========================================
Gradual

The day my body wastes away
And no one speaks for me,
Tell them of the good old days
And the good you saw in me.

Tell them of the soul untouched
That sold itself to pain;
Tell them of the wretched dance
In stinging seaside rain;

Tell them of the hungry tales
By naked fireside told;
And, bit by bit, the smokescreen built
You and me to hold.

Before they cut me open,
Immortal hope to serve,
Take a while from jewelled life
And futures you deserve

To tell them all our secrets --
Each one but how you knew
That as Lucifer loves a sin
So did I love you.
===========================================

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and you will be heard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...