Monday, August 20, 2018

Season One : Vertical

This is the series I wrote over the past year that I debated whether or not to post. I have finally decided to put it out there -- despite this not being my better work, I have tried my hand at a new type of content and would like to receive feedback.

This particular poem was written around March-April 2017.

========================================
Vertical

The door was open through the night,
I slept on a side of the bed;
Yet he did not think to rest
Beside my sleepy head.

In the deepest slumber, I
Spread out a waiting arm;
But, all night, I did not feel
His breathing, soft and warm.

My throat was sore, my eyes were red
From battles yet to fight.
Salvation slept but floors below
Through my darkest night.

Losing myself like I'm wont,
I could have used a hug
But he was happy with his book
And magic coffee mug.

He asked if I would be upset
If he went out with friends!
He does not know I miss him more
When the party ends.
========================================

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and you will be heard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...