Ninja Plaits, et cetera.

Activities (41) Books (13) College (20) Happenings (80) Life (59) Micropoem (8) Musing (62) Netgames (6) Other Blogs (16) Personal (63) Poems (129) Pujo (7) Random Banter (32) School (28) SPICE club (14) The Famous/Infamous (9) The Statesman Voices (3) This Blog (35) Troubles (45) TV (7) Twitter (2) Vibes (4) Views (35) Wallpapers (36) Webcomics (4)

Friday, November 13, 2015

Fantasy 8 : Balance

=================================================
Balance

I am a soldier on winter's edge:
The sniper: chest pocket
Fluttering with memory,
Burning in the heat of my resolve
To be a soldier

On the blizzard ledge
Nostalgia only serves
To slacken my jaws
And embolden clouds
To rain on my camouflage
But the largesse of nature will never be enough --
I am a soldier,

There is blood on my hands:
Their blood, the world's blood --
My lifeblood;
Always a soldier.
Caked blood, dried blood
In my hair (sweat, maybe);
Silent deathly melting snow
In my eyelashes (tears, maybe);

Regiments guard my inward eye,
Promises hold my floodgates fast;
I am a soldier --
May the winter last.
=================================================

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and you will be heard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...