Friday, September 21, 2018

Growing Up Sucks

=========================================
Childhood Hence

Lights and sounds, they're wearing thin --
Lowly dim, or lonely din.
Things I knew go unrevised,
All my rules now supervised,
The steps are old, the grass is new,
There's ghosts and trees, but no Scooby-Doo.

Limitless could still be love!
Silent lies from stars above
End the day that had begun
In sunrise now gone pale and wan.
The wilderness, not of my choice;
Nor tales I tell with stifled voice,
Nor new fingers on my head,
Nor too few deities for my bed;

Not my concrete, not my pets
Nor my speculations, bets,
Gambles, scrambles, rhyming words,
Nightly fare, nor nightly birds,
Nor new children, iron willed,
Nor new livestock, hefty billed.

Diverging rays, convergent shine,
Indulgence theirs, no longer mine --
Useful new in armour old
Knows too well how drinks get cold.
All of me now deathly named,
I step into a life untamed;
No longer mine, the frontier edge.
Know your future, guarded ledge!
=========================================

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and you will be heard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...