Turn It Up.

Activities (41) Books (13) College (20) Happenings (80) Life (64) Micropoem (8) Musing (62) Netgames (6) Other Blogs (16) Personal (64) Poems (136) Pujo (7) Random Banter (32) School (28) SPICE club (14) The Famous/Infamous (9) The Statesman Voices (3) This Blog (35) Troubles (49) TV (8) Twitter (2) Vibes (4) Views (36) Wallpapers (36) Webcomics (4)

Friday, June 13, 2014

Gratitude 6 : The Moon and The Sun

=================================
The Moon and The Sun

It's funny how
The mortals on earth
Revel in my shine;

Funny how
They find it calming
Soothing, romantic--

Funny how
They eulogize me
In verse much studied,

Funny how
They think I'm magical,
Mystical, beautiful...

...and how
They imagine were-beasts
Manifesting on my watch;

It's funny how I,
With my dull, unpredictable glow,
Have captured their imagination;

How I
Bring a sense of rest
A sense of peace, unlike you;

How funny it is
That I find place in incantation
And in children's dreams.

How funny it is indeed
That they worship me so
When all of me is but a bit of you,
When all my rays are yours
And all my shine is but a reflection
Of your blinding, burning light.
=================================
The poem is inspired by tonight's full moon which, by the way, is distinctive in being Friday the 13th with a full moon -- which will happen next in far-off 2049. And yes, allegory is intended in the poem -- but of course, since it belongs to the Gratitude series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and you will be heard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...