Turn It Up.

Activities (41) Books (13) College (20) Happenings (80) Life (64) Micropoem (8) Musing (62) Netgames (6) Other Blogs (16) Personal (64) Poems (136) Pujo (7) Random Banter (32) School (28) SPICE club (14) The Famous/Infamous (9) The Statesman Voices (3) This Blog (35) Troubles (49) TV (8) Twitter (2) Vibes (4) Views (36) Wallpapers (36) Webcomics (4)

Friday, June 19, 2015

Inspired by Stephen Chbosky

===============================
Song Of A Shut-In

Outside, it's far too lovely,
Too many pretty folk --
But the good and the strong are ugly
And don't deserve a second look;
So within these walls I've been
To look out, but never be seen.

Outside, it's too noisy,
With people, beasts and birds:
They're crowded far too closely.
It's too loud for thoughts to be heard --
So here in my home I stay
And think my time away.

Outside, it's always buzzing
With far too many lights.
The days are far too long
And there isn't enough night --
So here in my room I'll keep
And sing myself to sleep.
================================

Asleep by The Smiths, via The Perks Of Being A Wallflower:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and you will be heard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...